1. Making Calories Palpable
I realised that one of the reasons the concept of ‘calories’ was so hard to grasp was due to how abstract it is. I mean, what the hell exactly is a calorie? Seeing that complex ideas are better understood through metaphors, I decided to create my own.
2. 5 Random Thoughts on Getting and Staying Lean
Some random thoughts on over three years of maintaining a lean physique. From someone who isn’t genetically hardwired to be lean.
3. Slow Metabolism? Probably not
This post was part of the research for this article. If you’ve ever thought your ‘slow metabolism’ was the reason you couldn’t lose weight, watch this.
4. The Snickers Diet: The Ultimate Rebuttal to Sugars Make You Fat and Calories Don’t Count
An eventful trip to Starbucks was the impetus for this post.
5. 15 Things People Starting Their Body Composition Journey Should Know
Someone emailed me asking for advice on starting their body composition journey. And seeing that my brain hates brevity, this happened.
6. If Nutrition and Food Marketing Was Honest
This post was inspired by a conversation I had with a friend when he said: “Ha! Can you imagine if these food companies were honest?”
Well. Actually, I can.
7. Difference in Testosterone Levels Between Men and Women. Or, Why You Won’t Get Too Big, Ladies.
Heading says it all.
8. STOP THIS BUTTERY MADNESS
Inspired by an email I received from someone asking if, “butter would increase their IQ points”. Yeah, I got kinda pissed off.
For extra lols: read some of the comments.
9. Hedonic Adaptation
Starbucks and coffee can teach you everything you need to know about the food industry.
10. The Supplement Industry, Sponsored Models, and Bullshit
Before You Go
If you enjoyed this, you'll love my emails.
I write articles like this one just for my email subscribers. These can be quick and random thoughts, or really in-depth pieces. All of which aren't posted anywhere else. And I want you to receive them, too. Just click the button below.I'm in