Is Fasting Safe?
Does Fasting, like, work?
- Improved insulin sensitivity – the more insulin sensitive you are, the better your body utilises glucose (carbs/sugar). The better your body utilises glucose the less chance of developing type II diabetes.
- Cellular repair – when you fast the body undergoes a cellular repair process that removes any waste and toxic material from the cells.
- Improved brain health and cognition
- Helps you differentiate between *actual* hunger and *mental* hunger – there’s a tendency to feel a bit of hunger and immediately rush off to satisfy it. The truth is, this hunger is more often than not just a habit and not actual hunger. Fasting for short periods helps you differentiate between this impulse to eat and actual, physical hunger.
- Builds Discipline and Mental Resilience – I’ve spoken about this ad nauseam but I use fasting as a tool to build mental resilience and control impulse. We’ve become accustomed to feeling hunger and immediately running off to satisfy this feeling. Learning to sit and not be controlled by your impulses is going to pay dividends not only to your dieting goals but other goals, too.
- It can help suppress appetite
WOAH. ANNOYING RANDOM HEADING.
Hey, internet human. I know you were all up in the article enjoying it and what not. Well, this article has been turned into a complete book and you can download a copy for absolutely free, by clicking the image below.
Now, let’s be clear. by downloading the book you will be added to my email list.
HOWEVER. this isn’t one of those lame email lists where you’re emailed every day being pitched things you don’t even need because that’s lame.
No. This is one of those awesome email lists where you look forward to opening and reading because you learn something new.
Don’t take my word for it. Here’s what my subscribers are saying.
I asked my email list how they would describe me (and my emails) to a friend. Here’s what a handful said.
“Bro, you’re killing these posts and articles man! Keep doing what you do. You don’t understand how much I look forward to these emails I see in my inbox on a new article or round-up.” – Raj Rajakumar
“Aadam’s writing is entertaining enough you don’t need to find nutrition and fitness entertaining to be entertained…plus he breaks the information down so you don’t need an effin’ degree to benefit from his articles.
To be honest, I think I actually described you this way to my hubby: ‘Dude knows his shit, is entertaining as hell, super helpful, and not a d-bag. Bonus points: has an accent’” – Shauna Emery
“Finally, someone who keeps his fucking feet on the ground (not big-headed I mean)” – Greg
“Physiqonomics (Aadam) is awesome! Straight forward! Doesn’t beat around the bush like most, and give it to you straight! Love reading his emails, quite comical at times, worth the read!” – Rich
“I don’t think I’ve ever consistently kept up with a blogger until I stumbled upon Physiqonomics. The quality is FIRE.” – RJ
“Smart, thorough, funny, and informative!” – Tamara Christie
“Aadam not only talks the talk by producing well-written, science-backed articles that debunk bullshit but he also walks the walk by using himself to experiment with different methods – keto for one. He also makes for a very interesting guest on podcasts” – Rachel H
“Simply put, you’ll absolutely want to sign up for this email list, Aadam brings perspective to situations that will regularly make you say “Aha”. Constantly gives you material that all the industry guys charge for and no marketing filler. I would pay for what he sends out for free” – Hamza
“The best thing about Aadam is that he makes me think and question things while also making me laugh” – Lindsay F
“Physiqonomics is one of the best sites for free, up-to-date, no-nonsense, information on nutrition and training packaged in clever wit. Also, Aadam is one sexy beast” – Mickey N
“Aadam is seriously one of the most interesting and engaging writers out there who you can’t help but learn something from. The guy is simply awesome at what he does” – John Flynn
“I just wanted to say that Aadam is where it is at for health and fitness right now. He is at the top of his game. I have just implemented information I have seen on his site with fantastic results. I can’t imagine the results I would get working with him! He is also phenomenal at answering any and all questions that you may have” – Rob M
So, here’s the link again for your book. And I’ll see you on the flipside.